Privacy Statement for the Company Site at www.wyze.com
Posted: April 30, 2019
Effective: May 8, 2019
View archived versions
This is the Privacy Statement for the Wyze Labs company site at www.wyze.com.
Click here for the Privacy Statement for Wyze Labs’ smart home products.
- Information Collected by the Company Site
- About Personally-Identifiable Information
- About Usage Data and Tracking Data
- Your Choices on the Company Site
- Service Providers
- Transfer of Information
Wyze Labs, Inc. (“Wyze Labs”) sells smart home products. This Privacy Statement describes Wyze Labs’ practices regarding the information we collect from visitors to our website located at www.wyze.com (the “Company Site”), including all subdomains.
Changes to this Privacy Statement. Wyze Labs will update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our practices. We will post all Privacy Statement changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice at the top of the Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement posted on this page will say when that version went into effect.
If you use the Company Site after a change, then you will have accepted the new Privacy Statement for the Company Site. You are advised to review our Privacy Statement periodically for any changes.
A. Our Company Site (www.wyze.com)
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE COMPANY SITE
On our Company Site, you can learn about the smart home products that we sell (the “Wyze Products”), and visit the online store where you can purchase Wyze Products. At this time, our online store can only deliver Wyze Products to U.S. addresses.
The Company Site collects Usage Data and Tracking Data when you visit the site at www.wyze.com. The Company Site also collects Personally-Identifiable Information if you provide it to the Company Site. As used in our discussion about the Company Site in this Section A:
- “Personally-Identifiable Information” is information about an individual that can identify that individual, and includes your name, email address, postal address, and phone number. Note for visitors who access the Company Site from the EEA, Switzerland or the UK.
- “Usage Data,” in the context of the Company Site, are the information that your browser sends to Wyze Labs’s servers when you visit the Company Site.
- “Tracking Data” are the information collected by cookies and similar tracking technologies (e.g., pixel tags or scripts) that we use to keep track of visitor activity on the Company Site.
- Other tracking technologies, in the context of the Company Site, include pixel tags and scripts, and are used to track usage and performance.
As with other Internet services, our web servers gather information automatically each time your browser or device interacts with the Company Site, and store that information in “log files.” The information stored in our web servers’ log files includes information that we call Personally-Identifiable Information, Usage Data and Tracking Data, and that we describe more fully in the following sections.
- ABOUT PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
a. Personally-Identifiable Information Collected by the Company Site. Your Personally-Identifiable Information includes your name, email address, postal address, and phone number. It also includes any information that we have associated with your Personally-Identifiable Information.
The Company Site collects Personally-Identifiable Information from you when you engage in any of the following:
- Purchase a Wyze Product.
- Communicate with Wyze Labs (for example, ask about an order placed, or request technical or warranty support).
- Provide your information to receive news and updates from Wyze Labs.
- Post a message on a Forum.
We may combine Personally-Identifiable Information that you submit on or through the Company Site with information that we collect from and about you from other sources, offline and online.
b. How We May Use Personally-Identifiable Information
We use the Personally-Identifiable Information that you provide on the Company Site for the following activities:
- Provide the services and information that you request (for example, to purchase a Wyze Product, or to post a message on the Forums).
- Personalize your experience on the Company Site.
- Send you the notices that you request.
- Send you administrative information, including information regarding changes to the Company Site’s terms, conditions and policies.
- For our business purposes, such as developing new products, enhancing the Company Site, improving our services, analyzing trends, and determining the effectiveness of our marketing.
- As we believe appropriate (a) to comply with applicable law and legal process, including to respond to valid requests by public authorities (for example, a court, government agency, or law enforcement), (b) to enforce our terms and conditions, (c) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Company Site, our technology and products, or the like, (d) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates, (e) to protect our rights, property, privacy, safety, or that of our affiliates, you or others, or (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (these purposes, collectively, the “Compliance Purposes”).
- ABOUT USAGE DATA AND TRACKING DATA
a. Usage Data and Tracking Data Collected by the Company Site. The Usage Data and Tracking Data collected by the Company Site include:
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies.
- Browser type and version.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- If you are accessing the Company Site through a mobile phone, tablet, or other device: the type of device, unique device ID, device IP address, device operating system, and diagnostic data.
- Information about how you interact with the Company Site, such as the date and time of your visit, the pages that you visit, and the time spent on those pages.
- Other aggregated information.
b. How We May Collect Usage Data and Tracking Data. Usage Data and Tracking Data are collected by the Company Site:
- When your browser or device sends it. Standard information is sent by most browsers. This information includes your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- When you volunteer it. You may volunteer demographic information, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication. Unless combined with Personally-Identifiable Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other visitor of the Company Site.
- Through activity reports. Information about how you interact with the Company Site is collected with every visit, and is used to determine usage levels, diagnose server problems, and operate and maintain the Company Site.
- By aggregating information. We may aggregate information collected by the Company Site. Aggregated information will not include information that personally identifies you or any other visitor of the Company Site.
c. How We May Use and Disclose Usage Data and Tracking Data. We may use and disclose Usage Data and Tracking Data collected on the Company Site for any purpose permitted by applicable law.
Note: If we are required by law to treat any element of Usage Data or Tracking Data as Personally-Identifiable Information, then we will handle those elements as Personally-Identifiable Information. If we combine any Usage Data or Tracking Data with Personally-Identifiable Information, we will treat the combined information as Personally-Identifiable Information for so long as it is combined.
- YOUR CHOICES ON THE COMPANY SITE
b. How You Can Access, Change or Delete the Personally-Identifiable Information About You Collected by The Company Site. If you have a user account on the Company Site (e., you are a Wyze Labs customer), log into your user account to make changes to the Personally-Identifiable Information we have on file.
If you do not have a login to the Company Site (e.g., a prospective customer or a website visitor) and would like to access, change, or delete the Personally-Identifiable Information that you have previously provided to the Company Site, contact us by emailing us at email@example.com to make the requested changes. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you have requested that some Personally-Identifiable Information be deleted, note that we may need to retain some of the information for backup or Compliance Purposes. In addition, there could remain residual traces of the deleted Personally-Identifiable Information in our databases and other records. We are not responsible for changing or deleting information from the databases of third parties that have previously accessed your information.
c. Your Choices Regarding Use of Your Personally-Identifiable You may opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from us either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the message or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you. You cannot opt out from receiving administrative messages.
The Company Site does not support the Do Not Track browser setting.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS
We use third party companies and individuals to provide services and functionality for the Company Site. These service providers may have access to the Personally-Identifiable Information collected on the Company Site in order to perform tasks on our behalf (e.g., to send you information that you request).
Wyze Labs may use third-party advertising companies to advertise Wyze Labs and the Wyze Products. We allow these service providers to use their tracking technologies on the Company Site so that we can target ads about Wyze Labs to you when you are elsewhere on the Internet. This process is sometimes referred to as interest-based advertising or online behavioral advertising. If you want more information about these third-party advertising companies, please visit the ad industry choice mechanism at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
As Wyze Labs works with global companies and technologies, we may need to transfer the Personally-Identifiable Information collected on the Company Site outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This transfer may be intra-group or to third parties that we work with who are likely located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personally-Identifiable Information, to the United States and process it there.
Note for visitors who access the Company Site from the EEA, Switzerland or the UK.
B. When Wyze Labs May Disclose Personally-Identifiable Information Collected from the Company Site
Wyze Labs uses your Personally-Identifiable Information in the ways described in Section 3.b. The Personally-Identifiable Information that you provide to the Company Site may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Per Your Request. If you’ve asked to join our email list or to receive more information about the Wyze Products, for example.
- Service Providers. To our vendors, service providers, and technicians that help us operate the Company Site or that perform other services for us.
- Transfer of Business. To a third party to which we have transferred our business, assets or stock if Wyze Labs is involved in a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of some or all of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- As we believe appropriate for Compliance Purposes (defined above).
C. Other Matters
- DATA SECURITY
Wyze Labs employs commercially reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected by the Company Site. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES; INTEGRATIONS TO THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Our Company Site may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the Privacy Statement of every site you visit. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Company Site is not targeted for use by anyone under the age of 13.
D. How to Contact Wyze Labs
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Wyze Labs, Inc.
4030 Lake Washington Boulevard NE
Kirkland, WA 98033