The light in your home can influence your internal clock, mood, and even productivity. This recipe will walk you through how to set up your Wyze Bulb via our Rules engine to gradually dim the lights when it's time for bed.
Prep Time: 15 minutes:
Skill Level: Beginner
- Wyze Bulb (any)
- Obtain as many Wyze Bulbs for as many lights as you want to control.
- Log in to your Wyze app to set up your Wyze devices. For information on how to get the Wyze app, click here.
- Activate & set up your Wyze Bulbs in the Wyze app. You can find out how here.
- If you are using more than 1, add them to a Group to limit the number of Rules needed to operate the bulbs. Click here for more information on how to group products.
- In the Wyze app, create a new Rule to set your desired night light schedule.
- Tap Home > + plus sign on the top left > Add Rule > Schedule
- Set the action to change the Wyze Bulb or Wyze Bulb group’s brightness at your desired time.
- For example, 50% brightness.
- Set the time for the Rule to be active.
- For example, at 8 PM.
- Tap Save for each level of light dimming you want to accomplish.
- If you want to dim progressively, set the rules to be in 1-minute increments dimming 10% each time.
- 8:00 PM - 90%
- 8:01 PM - 80%
- 8:02 PM - 70%
- 8:03 PM - 60%
- 8:04 PM - 50%
- 8:05 PM - 40%
- 8:06 PM - 30%
- 8:07 PM - 20%
- 8:08 PM - 10%
*But wait!* Make sure you synchronize your routines.
Don't forget to bookend automations with the opposite action. In other words, what gets told to turn on, must also know when to turn off. What goes up, must come down. You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out. You put your right foot in...and you shake it all about.
*Chef’s Note* You can use this same recipe in reverse to create a wake-up routine. Set the times to match when your alarm is set to get brighter instead of dimmer over time!