The recipe for boogie-down good-time. Learn how to set up your Wyze ecosystem to launch “Disco Mode” lighting at the flick of a switch.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate
-Wyze Light Strip or Wyze Light Strip Pro
-Wyze Bulb Color
-Alexa or Google Home (optional)
- Log in to your Wyze app to set up your Wyze devices. For information on how to get the Wyze app, click here.
- Activate & set up
- Wyze Light Strip, Wyze Bulb Color, and Wyze Switch in your Wyze account. You can find out how here.
- Install Wyze Light Strip in your desired party zone(s).
- Link your Wyze account with your Amazon Alexa or Google Home app. Here’s a link if you need extra support.
- Create your device trigger within the Wyze app.
- Tap Home > + plus sign on the top left >Add Rule > Device Trigger > + plus sign > Set Name to ‘Disco Switch’
- Set up your triggers.
- Tap the + plus sign next to Device Trigger to select Wyze Switch > + plus sign next to Action to “Turn on Wyze Light Strip” and “Turn on Wyze Bulb Color” as actions.
- Tap “Save” to save the trigger.
- Optional Bonus: Connect with your Alexa or Google Home to instantly play your favorite tunes when the Disco is raging.
*But wait!* Make sure you synchronize your routines.
Don't forget to bookend automations with the opposite action. In other words, what gets told to turn on, must also know when to turn off. What goes up, must come down. You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out. You put your right foot in...and you shake it all about.
*Chef’s note* If you’re a fan of the TV show ‘The Office,’ you can use a Wyze Plug to trigger an action for your coffee maker to turn on. Hence, Cafe Disco.