The recipe for boogie-down good-time. Learn how to set up your Wyze ecosystem to launch “Disco Mode” lighting at the flick of a switch.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate
-Wyze Light Strip or Wyze Light Strip Pro
-Wyze Bulb Color
-Alexa or Google Home (optional)
- Log in to your Wyze app to set up your Wyze devices. For information on how to get the Wyze app, click here.
- Activate & set up
- Wyze Light Strip, Wyze Bulb Color, and Wyze Switch in your Wyze account. You can find out how here.
- Install Wyze Light Strip in your desired party zone(s).
- Link your Wyze account with your Amazon Alexa or Google Home app. Here’s a link if you need extra support.
- Create your device trigger within the Wyze app.
- Tap Home > + plus sign on the top left >Add Rule > Device Trigger > + plus sign > Set Name to ‘Disco Switch’
- Set up your triggers.
- Tap the + plus sign next to Device Trigger to select Wyze Switch > + plus sign next to Action to “Turn on Wyze Light Strip” and “Turn on Wyze Bulb Color” as actions.
- Tap “Save” to save the trigger.
- Optional Bonus: Connect with your Alexa or Google Home to instantly play your favorite tunes when the Disco is raging.
*Chef’s note* If you’re a fan of the TV show ‘The Office,’ you can use a Wyze Plug to trigger an action for your coffee maker to turn on. Hence, Cafe Disco.