Motion has been detected at your front door, friend! Learn how to set up your Wyze Video Doorbell or Wyze Cam to send notifications to wherever you are via the Wyze app whenever motion is detected. You can even learn how to set schedules for when you want these detections to notify you.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Skill Level: Beginner
-Wyze Video Doorbell, Wyze Video Doorbell Pro, or Wyze Cam Outdoor
-Cam Plus or Cam Plus Pro (optional)
Schedule motion detection to turn on at 9 AM and turn off at 6 PM when you arrive home from work.
- Log in to your Wyze app to set up your Wyze devices. For information on how to get the Wyze app, click here.
- Install, activate & set up your Wyze Cam in your Wyze account. You can find out how here.
- Create a schedule within Wyze app to trigger motion detection notifications while you are away from home or otherwise occupied.
- Tap Home > + plus sign on the top left >Add Rule >Schedule
- Set the Action to send your desired type of alert when motion is detected.
- For example, a notification on your phone.
- Set the time for the Rule to be active.
- For example, at 7 AM.
- Tap Save.
*Chef’s Note* Add Cam Plus to your Wyze Cam to get AI smart alerts for packages, pets, people, or vehicles to level up your detection game. If you’re feeling it, Cam Plus Pro even lets you recognize the specific faces of your friends with Friendly Faces.